Wednesday 21 August 2013

About to go.



My friend Natalie tirelessly reminds me to update my blog. It has been seven months since my last blog post, and I guess it is about time to start writing again. 

Well, I am in my transition phase now. I am about to leave my current job here in Makati to work for another government agency in Quezon City. 

My considerations before saying yes to the better offer my soon-to-be office has given me were: (a) my opportunity for growth (chance to be promoted in the future), (b) employment status (being regular), and (c) office location (for I plan to go back to UP to study).

For the past two months, I’ve been seeking jobs, sending out application letters and resumes to different agencies, and waiting for calls for scheduled exams and interviews. Surprisingly, this season of job hunting made me so excited and very hopeful, not because I already knew where I am heading to, but because seasons like these (seasons of uncertainties and confusion) are usually the time when God teaches and shows you His ways and reveals to you His will for your life.    

PRAY. Pray for each step that you’ll take. Pray for a discerning heart to carefully follow where He leads you. Pray for the grace to keep on trusting and believing in Him even if reason tells you otherwise. Pray not for your will, but for His will to be done.


READ GOD’S WORDS. Praying is our way of communicating to God. On the other hand, by reading His words, we get to hear from Him. As said in 2 Timothy 3:16, ALL scripture is God-breathed. The closer you are to God, the more time you spent with Him, the easier it is for you to hear from Him.

At this point in time, let me share to you the message that God has for me during this season- His very Words that has given me confidence and encouragement that indeed, He was, is, and will always be with me all the way:

Deuteronomy 6: Love the Lord Your God

“…Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts… 10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery… 18 Do what is right and good in the Lord’s sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors,…” 


Deuteronomy 8: Do not Forget the Lord

“...3 And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. So you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God by walking in his ways and by fearing him. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing out in the valleys and hills, a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey, a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing, a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you can dig copper. 10 And you shall eat and be full, and you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land he has given you…17 Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ 18 You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day...




No comments:

Post a Comment