Tuesday 27 August 2013

I shine



It was  quite overwhelming that my bosses had exposed me to a lot and pushed me to go the extra mile for the past five months. I would like to highlight in this post the conversation I had with one of my officemates, as he was encouraging me to say yes to one of my bosses who, at that time, was just about to assign me as the Project head and at the same time the program host of the seminar that our bureau organizes once a month.

Officemate: Man, you really should do this. It is your time to shine!
My answer: Hay nako kuya! I’ve been shining ever since!  

Pompous as that may sound, but let me set out my statement’s implications:
 
I was confident. Although I was a newbie, I was not intimidated by the people around me. Although I know that speaking in front of a lot of people is really not my thing, I still accepted the challenge. I was reminded of 2 Timothy 1:7, that God did not give me a spirit of timidity but of power. My identity is defined by my God, and by His grace, I will remain still and confident forever (as promised in Isaiah 32:17).
“for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” –Proverbs 3: 26
   I do not need to do anything to shine even more.  Again, that should be my first "moment," my chance to show everyone what I got, but I did not consider it anything special. I was not pushing myself too much to become better than I was before. I was not pressured to please anyone, not even my boss. I am secured that my God knows that in my heart, I desire to honor Him (only Him.)  
“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men,  would not be a servant of Christ.” –Galatians 1:10
Seeing ourselves the way God sees us, really is the key to being confident!





"... for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory." -Isaiah 60:19



Photos by: Alea Portia N. Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment